Safari Boots

Built to last.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Kansas = Cold

There seems to be an invisible line just across the Kansas/Oklahoma border. We crossed it just before Christmas, headed to Wichita. Within minutes, the ponds were frozen over, and patches of snow began to appear. The temperature dropped to a frosty, well, less than 40°. That's cold enough for me, whatever it was.

Being born in Iowa, you'd think that the snow and cold would be second nature to me. Not so. Northerners can keep their cold, the heat is fine with me.

One thing that folks in the North do have, which I am jealous of, are basements. We don't get them, unless you have it custom made. Then, it also depends on whether or not your land can take one. The water table might be too close to the surface, so I'm told.

Regardless of the water table proximity, my house will have a tornado shelter. That's just good sense in Tornado Alley. Jarrell was the lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home